An Extraordinary Wild Place
- Ijams is ranked one of Knoxville’s TOP 3 ATTRACTIONS by Trip Advisor and earned a Certificate of Excellence in 2016
- Ijams was named a Favorite Place for Family Fun in the News Sentinel’s Best of Knoxville 2016
- In 2014, USA Today named Ijams Nature Center one of Knoxville’s TOP 3 ATTRACTIONS around town
- CityView Magazine named Ijams Nature Center the BEST PARK in Knoxville, as well as the BEST EXTREME ADVENTURE in Knoxville
- Ijams is featured in the book, The New York Times, 36 Hours: USA & Canada as one of the top travel destinations in North America
Come visit and find out why people love Ijams! Ijams is a wild place filled with rocks, rivers, trees, trails, owls and salamanders. Visitors of all ages and abilities can hike, bike, paddle, stroll, learn or simply enjoy the day. Ijams is a sanctuary for all visitors to learn and connect with the natural world and be made better by that connection–a place where living with the earth and caring for the earth become one and the same.
Ijams is a member- and visitor-supported nonprofit organization. Your generous support helps ensure Ijams’ ongoing legacy for generations to come.
For park restrictions please refer to Park Rules. Thank you for helping to keep Ijams an extraordinary place!