Things to Do and See
Ijams has been described as a series of unexpected surprises. There are lots of things to do and see!
- Maximize your time by selecting things to see on Must See list including:
- Historic Mead’s Quarry – now listed on the National Register for Historic Places
- The enigmatic Keyhole at Ross Marble Quarry
- Jo’s Grove – a natural playscape just for children
- Tennessee River Boardwalk
- Historic Home Site including interpretive birding trails
- Ijams Beer Garden at Mead’s Quarry (April-October/Hours vary)
- Ijams Crag – a new outdoor climbing location (opening spring 2015)
- GRAB a trail map from the Visitor Center and explore Ijams’ landscape featuring 12+ miles of trails.
- EXPLORE Knoxville’s Urban Wilderness by starting your trail experience at Mead’s Quarry.
- RELAX and enjoy a cold beverage and a snack at the Visitor Center.
- Support Ijams by visiting our Gift Shop for logo wear, books, educational items, crafts by local artisans and other souvenirs.
- Become a Member and support Ijams while receiving discounts and free programs practically every day of the year!
Please park restrictions please refer to Park Rules. Thank you.